Monday, October 31, 2016

My very first "intermediate" model

            My very first "complex" origami model was the iris flower.  The origami iris seems so trivial now, but at that time it was really difficult for me.  It took me like several hours to figure just to figure out  a specific fold. But as soon as that model was finished, I was hooked to origami.  During that time, I was folding the basic models such as the origami crane, box, hat, etc.  But I began to get board with those models. There just wasn't enough complexity to them, and lets be honest, those aren't very impressive models.  For that reason, I decided to skip the "beginner models" and just dive into the deep end.  I think that was one of the best decision I made for this hobby.  My official intermediate origami was the origami three headed dragon.  I folded it with a tutorial video from YouTube, which is my source for most of my models.  This was also the first model that I memorized from beginning to end, which meant that I folded it anywhere I could find paper.  In a waiting room, in class, during social events and such.  The three headed dragon was one of the models that had the most "wow" factor at that time.  Most people were shocked to see, a complex origami like that, and the that it was folded from one piece of paper.  There are times where people are skeptical of the fact that this model is folded from 1 square piece of paper, No cuts, and No glue, but I like their reaction when I unfold the model revealing a square piece of paper with no cuts.  During this time, I was really into fantasy origami so I started to fold some other origami dragons.  *




*All images here are folded be me except the iris flower and "beginner dragon", which is from the web because its a better image quality than what I have.  Also, sorry for the poor image quality.  I don't have the best phone camera as you can see

2 comments:

  1. It seems as though the things that draw a persons attention the most is often that in which is most challenging. I find it super enjoyable to code and get stuck on something and dig my way out. This is an incredibly healthy hobby, and I will definitely be looking into the website and trying for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good point. Getting stuck on something and digging my own way out is quite enjoyable indeed.

      Delete