Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Some of my favorite YouTubers

Today I want to give you some awesome YouTube video sources for origami tutorials.  These YouTube channels are the current people that I watch.  From these people, I have learned everything that I know about origami.  I think its true what they say: "One year on YouTube equals years in spent in school".  You can learn anything you want to learn from YouTube.  For me, origami was just the beginning.  I am still learning so much off of  YouTube such as: art, music, tech, python, and much more!  YouTube is the best place to learn anything!  Anyways, getting back on topic, here are just a few of my favorite origami YouTubers. 


Here is just a quick list my favorite complex origami-est:

  1. Seth Friedman  Another excellent origami-est!  Well done tutorials and even has tutorials on his personal designs.
  2. Rickman Origami As I have already mentioned, he has one of the best videos on YouTube! 
  3. An Average Origamist This is probably the only channel with complex and complete origami tutorials.  
  4. Tadashi Mori A well rounded channel.  Has many simple origami models but a good mix of complex origami models too.  He also has several tutorials on how to understand origami theory.


For more simple origami models here are a few suggestions:

  1. Алексей Жигулёв His videos aren't in English if you couldn't tell with that channel name.  But his tutorials a very clear and can be easily understood by just watching them.
  2.  Happyfolding Well done videos and focuses more on the "fun" side of origami.  Personally, I like the more complex and "serious" origami but its good to have a mix of "happy" folds too.
  3. Jo Nakashima His videos has zero speaking in them, its just based off of visual tutorials only.  Its good channel if you like listening to white noise.  Theres nothing better than listening to the sound of folding paper, ahhh, it sounds so nice.
  4. ExOrigami  This is an excellent channel for anyone who is just starting out origami and wishes to fold unique origami models.

      My favorite origami YouTuber  is Origami Sage.  His tutorials are amazing!  His videos are in HD! His time-laps videos are awesome!  His tutorials are really clear to understand to where a novice could fold something complex! What else could you want?  I have learned so much from his videos.  This channel is what got me to study box pleating, and helped my understand basic box pleating theory.  He has a good variety of tutorials, and he has even given tutorials on his own models.  Over all, I would highly suggests checking this guy out, if your interested that is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment