Monday, November 14, 2016

The best video on youtube?



Sorry for the lack of blog posts, I have been really busy with school recently.  Exams and things of that nature.  Hopefully they will pick up after this week!


Top: version 3.0
Bottom version 1.0

       So, I was going though my settings and realized that I could upload videos to this blog.  Therefore, here is my first post with a video!

What is the best video on YouTube?  This one!  This video is by Rickman Origami and he has designed an origami Ridley from the classic game: Metroid Prime.  This model is just...AMAZING!  Not only is it extremely detailed, but it was designed by an "average guy".  This just gave me a little hope that one day, perhaps I can design my own models.  Whats really cool about this model is he shows his process of older versions of this model and shows how the first concept model is very rough but in the end can lead to something magnificent.  Compare these pictures. Do you see the huge differences?  This is just an example that you're first model will never be perfect but if you stick with it, you'll end up with something amazing.  --->

  
This is the best video on YouTube in my opinion,  its a 7+ hour video of the tutorial.  Maybe you should try it out and watch it??   I will definitely be folding this model once I find some extra time after school!

Video:

     Crease Pattern!
Crease pattern of Ridley 3.0


2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! The difference in design from version 1.0 to 3.0 is so crazy! I would be very interested in seeing your finished piece when you attempt this design. Is this a design that would be considered a master level?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? its pretty crazy. I would tend to call this "master level" just because it looks really detailed. However, since I haven't folded it I can't really say if this is "master level", but I would definitely consider this "complex level" of origami.

      Delete